The symbol representing Spiritualism is the sunflower. By looking closely at the sunflower, you will see that the main stalk often has seven branches or twigs. The sunflower is representative of Spiritualism in many ways.
- 7 is a sacred number and is synonymous with the search an discovery of greater truth.
- 7 days of the week
- 7 centers in the human brain
- 7 energy centers or chakras, each corresponding to one of the seven major glands which determine the quality of the physical body.
- the human is a seven-fold being,
- with the potential of seven states of consciousness or perception.
- the Earth was formed in seven days or phases.
The sunflower has 12 green leaves
- 12 months of the year
- 12 signs of the zodiac.
Each flower has 52 golden yellow petals
- 52 weeks of the year
The center of the yellow frame of petals are 365 rich seeds
- the number of days in a typical calendar year.
The sunflower is well known for turning toward the morning light as the sun rises in the East, as if to say, "Good Morning Great Spirit." This action reflects a key Spiritualist attribute.
As the sunflower turns its face to the light of the sun, so Spiritualism turns the face of humanity to the light of Truth.